Lets Read Ready Player One Chapter Four
Notes while reading
- Finally learn what OASIS stands for!
- Oh, GSS licensed the world of other fictional universes! So that’s how they can appear!
- OASIS’ sectors are organised like a Rubix Cube.
- Will the Egg be in the middle piece?
- Will you havereorder the other sectors or the layout to get the Egg or clues?
- ie like solving a regular cube.
- Microtransactions exists as fuel and teleportation costs.
- OASIS is Free To Play with microtransactions, and hopefully not Play To Win.
- Wonder what XP and levels are used for.
- XP increases levels and abilities
- Gain XP, coins and items, like regular RPGs
- Oooh, at risk of being expelled. Harsh.
- Third decade of Great Recession, wow.
Another short chapter. More world building and explanation. Hope plot starts moving forward soon.
80s references: minimal. Makes up for Chapter 3 going OTT!